Mobile homes are becoming more common as they are more affordable, efficient and comfortable alternatives to owning the so called traditional homes. While many people believe that mobile homes are not as durable, if properly maintained and assessed frequently and regularly, can last a lifetime and offer you unmatched comfort. A home may look nice from outside but simple damages in the inner details may make it difficult to dwell in. One such detail is the ceiling. Damage to home ceiling can cause a lot of problems to the inhabitants including leakages, hazards from hanging parts as well as other predispositions. The good news is that you can have your damaged ceiling repaired easily and affordably. Here are some mobile home ceiling repair tips.
Signs That The Mobile Home Ceiling Needs Repairs
Everything has a sell-by date including the mobile home you recently bought or the one you have lived in and has served you well all this time. A mobile home ceiling will not just develop damages all-of-a sudden or overnight, it starts small with a series of small damages that finally give way to complete collapse and destruction of the entire home if nothing is done.
It is therefore important to recognize the earliest signs that your ceiling needs repair. The only way to achieve this is to keep checking the ceiling as regularly as possible and if you are not skilled in picking out any anomalies then you should find someone who can help you with the diagnosis. Here are the telltale signs that your mobile home ceiling needs repair.
1) Fading paint: This is one of the most common signs that indicate a ceiling needs to be repaired. It is a very easy thing to notice and correct. All you need to do is to get the best paint to do the repainting job. Also you need to consider the fact that some damages may be concealed by the paint.
2) Leakages: Damaged ceiling is more likely to give way to water especially during the rainy seasons. You will notice this by seeing tiny leakages on the ceiling. This is a very important indication the ceiling needs repair. The leakage may be due to damages on the roof and so you need to check further.
3) Staining of the ceiling: Two kinds of stain on the ceiling need verification. The stain may result from a leakage in the roof or condensation within the ceiling itself. The former is more serious and recurs even after repainting.
How to Repair Mobile Home Ceiling
As the winter weather is approaching, it is important to ensure that your mobile home is well equipped to withstand the adversities associated with the winter season. You can either do it yourself (DIY) or seek the services of general contractors or specialized service providers.
These latter professionals may require a lot of money from you although they generally do a better job. If you have limited cash and you think you can attempt some DIY, then here is how to carry out mobile home ceiling repair.
1) Examine your ceiling: This is the first and the most vital part of repairing mobile home ceiling. There is no way you can start working on your ceiling even before realizing where the problem is. Carry out thorough examination of the ceiling and know exactly what needs to be repaired.
2) Decide on what to do: Once you have identified the problem, you need to know what you are going to do about it. Based on the extent of the damage you may need to simply repaint the ceiling, seal leakages, replace the damaged panels or if more severe, replace the entire ceiling.
3) Get the required materials and equipment: Now you have the chance to choose how to repair the ceiling. Go get the materials you need for the job. If you have to replace the entire ceiling then you need to choose between using drywall, tiles or panels. Each has advantages but both are aesthetically appealing, warm and quite resistant. If you need to repaint then choose the correct paint that will match your interior decor and be healthy to the occupants.
4) Carryout the repair job: Now you are ready to repair your mobile home ceiling. In everything you do, ensure that you protect yourself at all times. If possible, get someone to give you a hand. Make sure that you do an efficient job and that you make your ceiling as weatherproof as possible.